We are an upbeat, growing Cambridge International/ Khmer National Curriculum School aiming to become a top school in Phnom Penh over the coming years.
We welcome applicants who possess either a relevant degree, teaching qualification or experience to teach either Early Years, Primary or Secondary to our friendly and well-motivated students and we offer all main subjects but the good news is that you will teach one or two, plus an extra-curricular option of your choice (such as Sport, Art, Dance, Music, Drama, Chess, Debate et al).
Small classes, usually max 20 or less
- Excellent fully resourced Cambridge Curriculum for our International and EAL students – no exam paper setting for English teachers as we have papers already
- A working day from 07:15-11:15 am and again 1:00-5:00pm
- 6-7 weeks paid annual leave and the usual 20 or so Khmer public holidays
- Air-con, wifi, Library, Science Lab, IT Lab, Art, Music and Dance/Drama studios
- Central location (ish!)
- Staff Development
- No requirement for written lesson plans for IC and EAL classes – just prepare fun and engaging lessons to a set objective
And we ask that you:
- Understand that working in Cambodia (or indeed anywhere in South east Asia) is as much about the post holder learning from the culture as it is about vice-versa
- Have an interest in learning about how Cambridge works and a willingness to implement it
- Follow the curriculum but adapt and improvise from time to time if necessary
- Model the language well and correct students’ work – as the evidence says that this is important
- Adhere to our procedures – there aren’t many but it helps if we all comply in order to get things done
- Are willing to help out with our festive and enrichment events
- Are heart-driven, friendly, cooperative, patient, kind and honest
- Are not entitlement minded
- And…have a sense of humour!
If interested in joining our fun team, please send us your CV/Resume + photo and a brief covering letter stating what levels and subjects you are interested in teaching Email: email@example.com